Thursday, September 9, 2010

10/10...100%...A...Sweet!

I completely missed math yesterday!  It wasn't really my fault either.  I went to go see my English advisor, and we started talking about how I want to eventually go to Japan, and before I knew it, it was 4:55 (class ends at 5:15).  So instead of jumping right into the quiz (because I missed the day's notes) my teacher told me I could make it up today.  So I did.  I left my house today like 10 minutes early so that I could get to school with time to not only do my Japanese homework, but also go over and teach myself the math section that I missed...that the maker that it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be!  So After Japanese, I hightailed it to the math and science building, where I sat and took my quiz while my teacher taught his class (which I'm excellent at tuning out distractions, so it didn't really matter).  There were two different methods--substitution and elimination--that I could use to get the answers I needed, and either or would do the trick.  So I used both the substitution and elimination...just to make sure the results I got matched.  As it turned out, my work payed off.  He looked at my answers, told me it was excellent, wrote 10/10 on it, and sent me on my way.  That seriously made my thursday.

I'm also pretty happy because I'm going to lunch with, I assume, Ashley and Ryan today...even though I kind of already ate.  It gives me something to do instead of creep on Facebook.  I guess were going to Salsitas--a mexican restaurant.  I'm not all that fond of Mexican food (unless of course you count Taco Bell as being "Mexican", which I don't).  I could freaking eat Taco Bell every day.  I wish I would have went yesterday after school.  It would have been better that the poor quality Chinese food that my aunt picked up on her way home from work.  I went to get gas in North Jackson, because I got out really early (due to the fact I didn't really go to math), and was going to go to Taco Bell before going home, but I thought my aunt would be home, and didn't want her to have cooked something if I wasn't eating.
As it turned out, she didn't, and she called me and brought home really crappy Chinese.  Not don't get me wrong, I can usually eat Chinese food as much as I want...but last night was just sad.  I ate the rice (I love white rice), and that was pretty much it.  I realized when I went to bed though, that I hadn't eaten anything since like 11:00 am (I didn't really factor in the rice).  So I came to the conclusion that I felt shitty because it had been around 12 hours since I had actually eaten something of nutritional value (which happened to be Asian food from the Student Center, which I find iffy).

This is really off topic, but I don't care.  I don't sleep well...ever.  It doesn't matter what I do, I can go to bed at 10 pm, and not end up falling asleep till 11:45-12am.  So I didn't get up and go running today--I favored getting another hour of sleep.  I know that you're probably thinking that you told me so, but I'll tell you this...there is nothing stopping me from getting home, changing my pants, and running around the block once or twice.  Laugh now, but you'll see.

Anyway, I better get off.  I have to pee, plus I have a trek to get to Archaeology (thank the maker that Ryan is picking me up...it means that I don't have to trudge back to the Student Center.  And he'll probably drop me off at the door.  So it's pretty awesome.)  My break from Archaeology to math isn't as long today, even shorter because of my upcoming lunch excursion, but I'll find time between 2x+5y=7 and oniisan to put something up about what went down at Salsitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment