Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oops...n.n

So I got to school today and realized that I didn't post anything yesterday.  I actually have a bit of a reason for that.  On monday night, I was in the Austintown emergency room from 8pm to nearly 1am.  I was told I had a I had some sort of infection, they gave me my prescription, and sent me on my way.  What could have possibly been a 2hr or less process took nearly 6 hours.

I wasn't able to get my pills that night, so Aunt Jan picked them up for me yesterday.  I had to take all four pills at once, but then I'm done.  What they didn't tell me is that the pills weren't coated, so as soon as they hit my tongue, they tasted ten times worse than awful.  Next time you take a pill, chew it instead of just swallowing whole.  If you don't almost throw up, I'll give you mad props.  Not to mention that a swig of water doesn't wash the taste away...if anything it makes it worse.  I had to freaking gargle with root beer in order to get a majority of the taste to go away; and the sad part was, I didn't even get the stupid thing down (my body pretty much said "oh hell no!" and I reflexively spit it out).  So, I had to chew up a marshmallow, put one of the pills in the mush, and swallow it with a gulp of root beer (sounds nasty, but it tasted a hell of a lot better that the pill itself) so I was sure it would go down...my body sometimes doesn't like to swallow things.  Long story short...I eventually got all four pills down (but like the side effects say, when I take a deep breath, I get a metallic taste in my mouth.  And it isn't like blood, this one doesn't taste good.)

Anyway, when my alarm went off yesterday at 5:40, I pulled out my iPod Touch and emailed my Japanese teacher (because I wasn't about to get up and drive to school after only getting 3 hrs of sleep).  I pretty much told her what was going on, that I was in the ER all night, and I was still in a bit of pain (which wasn't a lie).  She was completely okay with it!  She told me to stay home and get some rest because she knows that I commute, and that I can just check the blog for homework.  So I slept in until ten, got up and got my shower, went and got gas and Subway, and made it to school just in time to eat half of my sub and hurry to Archaeology.
This is why I didn't update anything yesterday.  I came to school late, so I was only able to partake in one of my usual breaks--which I used for doing math and looking over Japanese.

I'm going to do a new post for what's going on today, otherwise this will be really freaking long.
じゃね

No comments:

Post a Comment